Crafty Deck Box Ideas
You can make a cheap plastic box your own by using a few craft supplies, like glitter, paint, or even funny fuzzy glue-on stuff. Read on to find out how! (This can also work for your miniatures boxes as well, so stick around if you're a Clix or SWMinis player!)
- Glitter paints, regular craft paint, or even spray paint for plastics should all work well, but try a test spot first before you try painting your whole box.
- Opaque neon/bright colors look great on dark boxes, while darker colors/thinner paints look great on lighter boxes.
- Choose a washable paint if you're afraid of getting your clothes messed up; otherwise, wear something you don't mind getting paint/glitter on, or an apron to protect your clothes.
- Use adhesive stencils if you don't want to freehand a design. (You can also make your own stencil out of card stock taped to the box!)
- Paint or apply glitter one or two sides at a time with thin coats, and let it thoroughly dry before painting more--this will allow you to hold the box comfortably while you paint.
- Googly eyes, fuzz balls, stickers, etc. are great for personalizing your box.
- Make sure you don't glue stuff to the actual closure of the box--you don't want fuzz balls or glue getting in the way of using the box!
- Use a stickier glue like rubber cement instead of runny white glue.